Saturday, February 2, 2013

How come my google chrome will not allow me to access a particular website?

Q. I decided to use Google Chrome intead of IE9, but Chrome will not allow me to access one of my business websites I need. Any suggestions why it will not go to that website?

A. Its a difference of how Google Chrome and IE are designed and view websites. IE doesn't follow accepted protocol sometimes. http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/fx/

How to stop Google Chrome from keeping my browsing history?
Q. Google Chrome stores my browsing history and lists it day by day under the "History" page. Instead of having to delete the history pages one by one, is there a way to stop it from recording my history at all?

Thanks for any help!

A. Google Chrome offers the incognito browsing mode

Webpages that you open and files downloaded while you are incognito aren't recorded in your browsing and download histories

go to Tools --> New incognito window

shortcut : Ctrl+Shift+N

Why on Google chrome does the bookmark icon disappear after you go to your first page?
Q. Why on Google chrome does the bookmark icon disappear after you go to your first page. I would like to be able to jump to a bookmarked page without having to type in the address or opening a new tab. Can anyone help me?

A. When you go to your first page or open a new tab or move to any page there is a option of bookmark (star) in the end of the navigation bar (where the address of a site is written such as www.something.com) and you can bookmark the page from there. This option is in latest version of Chrome (8.0.552.237), in older versions bookmark button was near the home button. If you are using an old version and want to upgrade that then go to tools, click about google chrome and it will show the version of chrome and updates, if available. If update is available, click install to upgrade your chrome.
If you are talking about the bookmark bar then you may have hidden it, to un-hide it Press Ctrl+B (in older version), in latest ver. Press Ctrl+Shift+B or you can go to tools and then check "always show bookmark bar".
Enjoy




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment