Monday, February 11, 2013

do I need wireless internet on the i pod touch?

Q. I was thinking about buying the i pod touch and was wondering if i need wireless internet for some apps such as Google Earth, live radio, maps or find my car. Do most apps need wireless internet if those require it?

A. I have a ipod touch and yes most of them do like myspace twitter and urbanspoon but there are still apps that you dont need for but if you live in a heavily populated area there are places you can get it for free like starbucks. A app i really enjoy is WifiTrak. It finds wifi for you and its free! I love my ipod touch and I think you should get one too. Hope that helps you!

where can i find a live real map via satalite?
Q. where can i find a live real map via satalite? i heard about a website online that u could go to and see a live satalite image of earth. does anyone know what the site is?

A. I don't think there is a "LIVE" map. Most of the satellite photos on the internet are several years old. For example the photos of my home on zillow.com and on google earth were taken in 2003. I know that is true because they have a tree showing that was killed by lightening still standing, which I had cut down in September 2003.

How do I use google maps so my friends can all add their locations on the map?
Q. Some forums have google maps so everyone can add where they live on the map? How do I use this? or sign up for it?

A. Google Maps has a feature called "My Maps" which you can use. Steps:
1) Go to Google Maps.
2) Click the "My Maps" tab
3) Click "Create new map" link (right under the tabs)
4) Name the map something like "Awesome group of friends"
5) Near the top of the map next to the navigation arrows, you can see tools including the "Add a placemark" tool.
6) Put a placemark on your location.
7) Next you want to invite your friends to also add their locations. Click the "Collaborate" link. It is on the left just above the title of your map.
8) Enter the email addresses of your friends so they can also add their locations to the map.
9) Make sure you click the "Save" button and then then "Done" button.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment