Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Can someone tell me the best driving routes from Long Island to Niagara falls?

Q. The google directions are not the clearest. Too many merge here, merge there...

A. BUY a NEW YORK state MAP. READ IT.

Seriously, the New York State Thruway , or I- 90, is the best route ( of course you PAY for the use of it ) and after getting on I 95, in the NYC area, you simply follow it, to the west, to get to Niagara Falls. STAY on it, and follow the signs to the falls. Get over the Hudson River, using either a bridge or a tunnel, (your choice ) to I 95 North. .

I used to drive from Toronto to Islip, Long Island, every week, carrying freight in my one ton Ford van ( air craft engine parts ) and I can drive that route in my sleep.

By the way, merging is no big deal, IF you read the overhead SIGNS.

Jim B

Toronto.

How much will I pay in tolls from Tampa, FL to Middletown, NY 10940?
Q. I used the google directions. There is partial toll road merging on to I-895N, I95N Passing through DE entering NJ, Exit 7 merging onto I-46N toward Plymouth Meeting, and exit 56 merging onto US-22E toward State Hwy 309/Allentown? What is the total of these tolls? Thanks.

A. Take I-4 west to I-95 north to Maryland and get on I-695 north. Take 695 north to I-83 north. Take I-83 north into Pennsylvania where you'll merge onto I-81 north. Near Scranton take I-84 east to Middletown. No tolls this way.

Otherwise, your directions don't make much sense. And I drive throughout eastern PA, Delaware, NJ, and Maryland all the time. The toll on I-895 is $2, the toll on the I-95 at the DE/MD line is $5. No tolls crossing into NJ (only leaving NJ). And the toll on the NJ Turnpike is based on how far you go.

How many minutes do I factor in for traffic when traveling in LA?
Q. I've been told to add 20 min to any google map directions but I'd like to hear from people who live there. If it says 32 min on google maps, does that mean it will really take 55 min?

A. It all depends when you are driving and where you are driving.
Google maps will list the time without traffic. If you are driving 10am-2pm or after 7:30pm or weekend mornings, the google time will be pretty accruate unless you run into a specific problem.

If you are driving East on the 210 freeway past Pasadena on a weekday morning, it will be pretty accruate because traffic is going the other way.

If you are driving with traffic during rush hour than I would 1.5x the time. If I really needed to be there on time, I would double the time.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment