Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Are there any drawbacks to using Google Sites to make a website?

Q. Would you recommend using Google Sites to make a website?

Thank you for your assistance.

A. It depends on what you are going to use the website for. Google Sites is a really good solution for quick web publishing without having to learn html or css.

I've helped a few people build websites with Google Sites. I just finished working with a non-profit, community based Little League to build a site with extra functionality; calendar, map of field locations, twitter updates, weather, and picasa slide show. In addition, all the board members are able to have emails on the same domain, which helps with communication. There's a link to the little league site and a few others I've built below so you can see what they look like.

Like everything, there's going to be some drawbacks. Some people find the interface difficult to learn and getting set up with Google Apps for your domain can be challenging. There's a lot of help in the Google Sites help forum though.

For the right purpose and if you have time to learn how to customize the templates, Google Sites is a great solution.

How can I access my google site from another computer ?
Q. I used google sites because my teacher recommended it , I ve created my website but I cant access it without signing in , i need to know how to access it without signing in because everyone is going to have to view it from individual computers . Help please because its due on December 5, '08 . Thanks .

A. Find out what the URL of your google site is.

Type it into the address bar of your browser.

Hit enter.

How can I use a custom domain on my Google sites website?
Q. I have a custom domain that I purchased at Godaddy.

How can I use my custom domain on the website, which I built on Google Sites.

(This is a lot harder than I thought it would be.)

Thank you for your assistance.

A. It may not work.

You might as well use it as a redirection domain. So on Godaddy, you can just use the function where you type in the (google site address) and redirect to your godaddy domain.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment