Saturday, February 9, 2013

A competitor clicks on my google ads 20 times everyday thus using up my budget. Is there anything I can do?

Q. I've just started advertising on google and each day I receive 20 clicks but no purchases on my website. I'm 99.99% that its my competitor doing this. What can I do to stop him?

A. It might not be your competitor - it might be that your site is not well marketed, and people just don't want to buy. OR it's unclear what you sell? Without seeing it obviously I cannot comment!!

To be honest not one sale out of 20 clicks is normal. We used to get one sale in every 100 clicks.

I'd look at your site for free if you like, and see if I can make any suggestions to make your message clearer, and work out what you offer.

Also Google the 'eMarketing text book' from Quirk. There's a lot of good stuff about internet marketing in there - and a good section about optimising PPC.

A competitor clicks on my google ads 20 times everyday thus using up my budget. Is there anything I can do?
Q. I've just started advertising on google and each day I receive 20 clicks but no purchases on my website. I'm 99.99% that its my competitor doing this. What can I do to stop him?

A. If you are promoting your own website, I believe it is better to just use free methods to raise it up search engine rankings. That way, you don't lose money. It will take some time and some effort but there is a growing network of blogs that can give you free one-way back-links.

What are the best free Blogs to advertise? Beside Google?
Q. What are the free blogs who allows advertising? Beside Google.?

I asked that question and was told that Wordpress was ok but they don't alllow advertising.

A. You can offer adveritising on any blog, although blogger sets up Google Adsense for you. Check out the eBay Partner Network and participate in affiliate marketing with eBay. A lot of people know about eBay and eBay will share the fees with you.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment